Thursday, August 19, 2010

Steel Roller Coaster Modeled in CATIA V5

As you can see from many of my previous posts, I spend quite a bit of time modeling roller coasters in CATIA. Well, it looks like I'm not the only one. Yunus Alapan, a student at Yildiz Technical University in Istanbul, Turkey, recently submitted a few pictures of a roller coaster he created with CATIA V5. I know from experience how hard and time consuming  it is to model a complete roller coaster by yourself, piece by piece. Hopefully, one day we will see some cars running around the track. Good job Yunus!






And since we are on the topic of CAD coasters, check out my latest simulation of the Cantilevered Roller Coaster. This time I show case the “side knocker” effect! More kinematics experimentation on the CRC model with a mismatch of new and old parts.

2 comments:

  1. This is excellent!!! Can you generate the simulation video from the passenger seat? This would be very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2v3QOhrKPk

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!