Tuesday, April 3, 2012

CATIA Error: Generic Naming Graph Treatment


CATIA V5 is full of many wonderful surprises in the form of weird error messages. One of my favorite is "Click OK to terminate: Yes or No" but it doesn't matter which option you choose, CATIA still crashes and closes unexpectedly. I recently had the pleasure of discovering a new problem that I had never encountered or even heard of before. I was in the process of updating a CATPart when an update error popped up displaying: "An error occurred in Generic Naming graph treatment." The update cycle was stopped and would not continue. The issue occurred every time I tried to update the part file. Better yet, I couldn't find any information about this particular error anywhere on the internet. Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any idea what the exact cause could be? I have to admit I'm at a bit of a loss here. Fortunately, I was able to eventually work around the issue but I would still like to know what the error means. 

Join our new CAD Systems Help Facebook page for the latest updates and information
.

1 comment:

  1. even i am facing the same,please ans it some one !

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!