Have you been asking yourself these two questions:
How do you apply material in Solid Works?
How do you create a Solid Works Material Catalog?
Today, I will be sharing the solution with you. Here is how you apply material to a specific part in Solid Works:
- Open part to add material.
- Right Click – Material <not specified>
- Select – Edit material
- Select – SolidWorks Material dropdown
- Select – Material Library
- Select material that applies.
- Select – Green Check Mark
That's how you do it. Pretty simple, huh? But what if you don't have a Material Library or catalog to choose from? You need to create your own. Here's how:
- Right click- Material / Edit Material
- Select Material Library
- Select a similar material (2024-T3 Aluminum)
- Select – Create/Edit Material
- Fill in Material Name.
- Fill in Physical Properties.
- Select OK. The material will be added to the top of the list.
There you have it. Was that explanation sufficient?