Monday, July 12, 2010

Catia NC Programming using Check Editor Knowledge Based Engineering


I use the check editor in Catia V5 to improve the quality of NC machining process files. All of my chamfer cuts on this particular part need to have a Tanto Fan axis. I use the code below:

`Far Side Chamfer 1\MfgParameter.5\Tool axis strategy` == "MfgTantoFan" AND
`Far Side Chamfer 2\MfgParameter.5\Tool axis strategy` == "MfgTantoFan" AND
`Near Side Chamfer 1\MfgParameter.5\Tool axis strategy`== "MfgTantoFan" AND
`Near Side Chamfer 2\MfgParameter.5\Tool axis strategy` == "MfgTantoFan" AND
`Near Side Chamfer 3\MfgParameter.5\Tool axis strategy` == "MfgTantoFan"

All of the machining operations in my part need to be climb cut. Therefore, I used this code in the Catia check editor to let me know if it somehow gets changed by accident.

`Rough Far Side.1\MfgParameter.5\Direction of cut` == "MfgClimb" AND
`Rough Far Side.2\MfgParameter.5\Direction of cut` == "MfgClimb"

Keep in mind you can't just use a plain old equals sign, you need to use the double equals. Also, it took me awhile to figure out the correct syntax for  "MfgClimb". I tried "Climb" and MfgClimb unsuccessfully before stumbling upon the successful solution.

I use a parameter to control the depth periphery (depth of cut) and the distance on the rough profile from the tool to the part. Here are the simple formulas for the check editor.

Depth_Periphery == -2mm AND RoughProfile == 1.5mm

/*Check created by Me 7/12/2010*/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!