Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Theo Jansen Mechanism drawn in Matlab

video

For one on my classes this quarter we had to draw the Theo Jansen 12 bar mechanism in Matlab. To do this we had to calculate each angle based on the input angle which in the video is the red link connected to the black base link. This took over 100 lines of code in Matlab which took forever to figure out but in the end it was worth it. There will be more projects to come in the future. Feel free to comment if you have any questions or want to see my .m file for this!

7 comments:

  1. I'd like to see the m-code. Did you post to MATLAB central?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, congratulations. Can you send me the m.file?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your interest in this project! We will hopefully publish a new post with the m code this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the code has been posted! http://cadsystemshelp.blogspot.com/2010/04/theo-jansen-mechanism-matlab-code.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could you please send me your code.
    My email is meyer.bucks@gmail.com
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!