Monday, June 13, 2011

Robocoaster Model


I constructed a recreation of a Kuka robocoaster in CATIA. I used the car from my cantilevered roller coaster simulations to save time. The track is created using three sketches with laws (one overhead, one side profile, and one for banking). I made this in about a day so please excuse the lack of detail. The purpose was more to show proof of concept that this was possible to create with CATIA.



For the simulation, I used the DMU Kinematics workbench. There are four user input commands to (1) drive the robotic arm down the track (2) horizontal rotation about the z axis (3)vertical rotation of the upper arm (4) rotation of the seats about the upper arm axis. In fact, in one of the video clips there is a fifth command- the rotation of one of the domes on which video would be projected, similar to the Harry Potter ride at Universal Orlando.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!