Are you thinking about getting into computer modeling or design work? CAD technicians are typical entry level positions throughout the industry. The CAD Technician works as a member of a team that is responsible for modeling and detailing activity associated with engineering services.
The following duties and responsibilities are illustrative of the primary functions of this position and are not intended to be all-inclusive.
CAD Technicians must have ability to:
- Operate computer and effectively use various CAD software packages, including CATIA V5, Siemens' UG-NX, SolidWorks, Pro/E, AutoCAD, etc.
- Generate 3D models of parts and assemblies
- Perform meshing for analysis
- Effectively communicate CAD model creation and conversion related issues or concerns. These would include model design, software issues or complex attribution.
- Track own progress against bid hours using sources available to ensure project deadlines are met
- Previous CAD experience a plus but not required
- Good basic computer skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and work accurately
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Be flexible to cross-train and work on various projects as needed
- Be self-directed to pace own work and meet necessary project deadlines
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other CAD Technicians, manager, supervisor and other staff
- Willingness to continuously learn different aspects of CAD-type applications
- Understanding of engineering drawings and legacy CAD digital files a plus
- Bachelor's degree in related field a plus